We reserve the right at any time, with or without cause, to:
- change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- change the Website, including eliminating or discontinuing any Information or Services
- or other feature of the Website; or
- deny or terminate your use of and/or access to the Website.
By using the Website, you represent and warrant that all registration information is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older and that your use of the Website does not violate any law or regulation in the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction.
Permitted Use of Services and Information
The services made available on, by or through the Website, which include or may include, without limitation, registration with Roddenberry, message boards, blogs, public forums, subscription to the newsletters, and online purchases (collectively, the “Services”), as well as any information provided on, by or through the Website or as part of or in connection with the Services or otherwise, including but not limited to news updates, articles, data, text, graphics, designs, logos, images, audio/visual materials, links and references (collectively, the “Information”), are provided for personal use only and not for any for-profit or commercial purpose or for resale. You may access the Services and Information for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Website and as permitted under this Agreement. Without the written consent of Roddenberry, no Information or any other Roddenberry materials or property may be copied, reproduced, displayed, republished, downloaded, posted, digitized, translated, modified, transmitted, distributed or commercially exploited in any way.
Roddenberry will allow you to view and print a reasonable number of copies of information, documents and web pages located on the Website for your own personal use, but not for any for-profit or commercial purpose or for resale; provided that (i) you must retain all trademark, copyright, and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials, (ii) you must provide attribution to Roddenberry, and if possible provide a reference to the Website, (iii) the material must be printed in its entirety without modification, reformatting or adaptation of any kind, (iv) any such copies are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and remain the property of Roddenberry, and (v) you agree to advise any person to whom you share the materials as to this Agreement and they must agree to abide by this Agreement. You understand and agree that you may not authorize any Information to be reproduced, modified, displayed, performed, transferred, distributed or otherwise used by any third party, and you agree that you will take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorized reproduction and/or other use of the Information. You agree to advise Roddenberry promptly of any such unauthorized use(s) of which you are aware. Failure to abide by these conditions will immediately terminate this permission and may result in the infringement of the copyrights and/ or trademarks and other proprietary rights of Roddenberry or others.
As part of your use of the Website, you may participate in certain message boards, blogs or other public forums. Your participation is voluntary; however, by choosing to post or send a message or blog or otherwise participate in any public forum, you acknowledge and agree that any messages, text, images, photos, information, suggestions, feedback, or any other content whatsoever (collectively, “Content”) provided by you may be viewed by the general public and will not be treated as private, proprietary or confidential, and you authorize us and our affiliates and licensees, without compensation to you or others, to copy, adapt, reproduce, incorporate, distribute, publicly display or otherwise use such Content throughout the world in any format or media (whether now known or hereafter created) for the duration of any and all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other proprietary rights in such Content, and such permission shall be perpetual and may not be revoked for any reason. To the extent permitted under applicable law, you waive and release and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in any Content posted or provided by you. By posting or providing such Content on the Website, you represent to Roddenberry that you own or have any and all necessary rights, consents, licenses, and permissions to publish and to permit us to publish or otherwise use such Content in the manner stated above. By way of example and not limitation, if you post or otherwise provide a picture of yourself with others, you need to first obtain permission or a release from the other people appearing in the photograph to use their image and you must be the owner or licensee of the copyright in the photograph. You agree not to post or provide any Content that belongs to any person other than yourself or that contains the name, voice or likeness of any person other than yourself unless you first obtain permission to do so from that person. If you identify yourself by name or provide a picture or audio or video recording of yourself, you further authorize us and our affiliates and licensees (without compensation to you or others) to reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in any format or media (whether now known or hereafter created) your name, voice and likeness in furtherance of our operations throughout the world, and such permission shall be perpetual cannot be revoked for any reason.
You further agree that we may use the posted or provided Content in any manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. We reserve the right to edit or abridge any Content for any reason, and to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content submitted by you or others. We cannot and do not guarantee that we will post all Content submitted or that such Content will not be offensive, defamatory or objectionable. Although we reserve the right to remove without notice any Content for any reason, we have no obligation to delete Content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We do not control in real time the Content or Information posted via the Services and as such do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such information. In addition to other disclaimers found in this Agreement, we do not endorse or make any warranties or representations with respect to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any Content posted on any message board, blog or other public forum.
By registering with the Website, you grant to Roddenberry, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents and licensees a non-exclusive license to use and to permit others to use throughout the universe your name, sobriquet, professional name, likenesses, other identifications, and biographical material posted concerning you in connection with the Website and the advertising and promotion of Roddenberry. You will not be compensated for use of your name or likeness used in accordance with the above.
Third Party Links
Acceptable Use Policy
You agree not to use the Information, Services or the Website to take any action(s) that:
- are contrary to Roddenberry’s public image, goodwill, or reputation;
- infringe on our or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other >proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- express or imply that any of your statements, activities or causes are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encourage any conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- are libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, abusive, tortious, hateful, discriminatory, pornographic or obscene;
- transmit any trade secret or other material, non-public information about any person, company or entity without the authorization to do so;
- restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using the Website, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Website;
- modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Website or Information;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Information, Website, or Services;
- sublicense, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, or convey any rights under this Agreement to any third party, or otherwise commercially exploit or profit from the Information or content of the Website, or any portion thereof, in any manner whatsoever;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Website without our prior written authorization;
- distribute any virus, worm or other similar or deleterious files, scripts or programming routines;
- interfere with or disrupt any services or equipment with the intent of causing an excessive or disproportionate load on the infrastructure of Roddenberry or its licensors or suppliers;
- involve the preparation or distribution of junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other deceptive or unsolicited bulk or commercial email, or otherwise violate in any way the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003);
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or its contents, authentication and security measures;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any submission;
- execute any form of network monitoring or run a network analyzer or packet sniffer or other technology to intercept, decode, mine or display any packets used to communicate between the Website’s servers or any data not intended for you; and/or
- harvest or collect information about Website visitors or members without their express consent.
Improper use of the Information, Services and Website may result in termination of your access to and use of the Website, and/or civil or criminal liabilities.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Website do not imply our endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references, to change the prices, fees and charges associated with any product or service, to cancel or limit the order quantity on any product or service, to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order, and/or to refuse service to you for any or no reason. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to our acceptance of any order.
All sales of merchandise through the Website are subject to our standard sales terms and conditions as set forth in this Agreement and/or on the Website, which can be found at: http:/ /www.roddenberry.com/customer-service. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change our standard sales terms and conditions at any time.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. RODDENBERRY’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PRODUCT SHALL BE TO REPLACE THE ITEM OR REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE OR ELSEWHERE ON THE WEBSITE.
The Website is owned and operated by Roddenberry, and the Information and Services (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of Roddenberry. The Information and Services are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. Except as set forth in this Agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sub-license, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of the Website or any Service or Information without our prior written permission. The Information, Website, and Services may be used solely (a) to the extent permitted in this Agreement or (b) as expressly authorized in writing by Roddenberry or, if so indicated in writing by Roddenberry, its licensors or suppliers. Use of the Website or any Services or Information for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Website or any Services or Information. All rights not expressly granted hereunder in and to the Website, Services and/or Information are hereby expressly reserved to Roddenberry.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Roddenberry, Roddenberry licensors and suppliers, and/or others. Nothing contained in this Agreement or the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark(s) without the express written permission of Roddenberry, Roddenberry licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark.
You hereby warrant and represent that you are over the age of 13, as this Website is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Website.
You further affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you further warrant and represent that you either: (i) are an emancipated minor, or (ii) possess legal parental or guardian consent.
Roddenberry does not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly market to children. We are concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet and, in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act; we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from the Website as quickly as reasonably practical.
It is up to parents to properly supervise their children’s online activities. Roddenberry wishes to inform you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the website of GetNetWise.org (http://www.getnetwise.org/).
Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Roddenberry infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Roddenberry to locate the material on the Website; (d) the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Website should be sent to:
Copyright Designated Agent c/o Roddenberry Entertainment 4400 Coldwater Cyn Ave. Suite 100 Studio City CA 91604
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Games
Term & Termination
This Agreement is effective from the date that you first access the Website or submit any information to Roddenberry, whichever is earlier, and shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Roddenberry may immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Website, or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice. This Agreement will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Website shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all copies of information that you have obtained from the Website, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise. All disclaimers and all limitations of liability and all Roddenberry rights of ownership shall survive any termination. All of your representations, warranties and indemnification obligations hereunder shall also survive any termination hereof
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website, or any part or portion thereof, with or without notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website, or any part of portion thereof. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to obligate Roddenberry to maintain and support the Website, or any part or portion thereof, during the term of this Agreement.
THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION AND WEBSITE IS CURRENT AND/OR UP-TO-DATE ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES, SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THERE IS NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE, OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, COMPLETE, ACCURATE, CURRENT, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR THAT ANY PROBLEMS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE, OR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE WEBSITE, IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE EITHER IN TERMS OF ITS COMPATABILITY WITH HARDWARE OR OTHER SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT, AND YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES AND INFORMATION AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON.
Limitation of Liability
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY OF ANY KIND, NEITHER RODDENBERRY NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSS OF DATA) OR LIABILITIES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE WEBSITE, INFORMATION, SERVICES, ANY LINKED WEBSITE AND/OR ANY MERCHANDISE PURCHASED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE, THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE, SERVICE, OR LINKED WEBSITE, AS APPLICABLE. RODDENBERRY’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE WEBSITE, INFORMATION AND/OR SERVICES, SHALL BE THE TOTAL OUT-OF-POCKET AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID TO RODDENBERRY BY YOU FOR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INFORMATION, SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend, and hold Roddenberry, our licensors, suppliers, agents, successors, and assigns and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) any allegation that any Content you submit to us or transmit to the Website infringes or otherwise violates the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party and/or causes damage to any third party; (c) your activities in connection with the Website, Services and/or Information or other websites to which the Website is linked; and/or (d) your willful misconduct or gross negligence. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your use of the Website.
The Website is managed in the State of California, United States of America, and the Information, Website, and Services are solely directed to individuals residing in the United States. Roddenberry makes no representation that the Website operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that the Information, Website, or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Website from territories where the Website, or any content or functionality of the Website or portion thereof, is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Website, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Website users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
Dispute Resolution/Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding that body of law relating to conflict of laws. The parties agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, will be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1280 et seq., and the then current rules and procedures of JAMS. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitration will take place in Los Angeles County, California and be conducted in the English language. The decision rendered by the arbitrator will be binding upon the parties hereto, and any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of all federal and state courts in California. Venue will lie exclusively in Los Angeles County, California. For the sake of clarity, nothing in this paragraph shall affect Roddenberry’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time.
If any arbitration or other proceeding is brought to enforce or interpret this Agreement or matters relating to it, the substantially prevailing party, as determined by the arbitrator’s award, will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs and expenses incurred in such arbitration or proceeding from the other party, in addition to any other relief to which such prevailing party is entitled; provided that in no event will the arbitrator have the authority to award punitive damages.
YOU AND RODDENBERRY AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OR OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Agreement or our Website, please contact us:
Phone : 818-487-9431 Email: email@example.com
Address: 4400 Coldwater Cyn Ave. Suite 100 Studio City CA 91604
Effective November 7, 2011
Notice Concerning Children
PLEASE NOTE: This Website and any information, products, or services provided therein are limited to audiences thirteen (13) years of age or older. The Website does not direct any content specifically at children. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is underage, we will promptly delete any Personally Identifiable Information in that user’s account.
Most of our Website’s functionality can be used without revealing any personal information, though for some specific features or services personal information may be required. If you do not use these specific features or services on the Website, then the only information we collect will be “Non-Personal Information” (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify you). Non-Personal Information includes information such as the web pages that you have viewed. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Website, you may need to submit “Personally Identifiable Information” (i.e., information that can be used to identify you). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name, home address, telephone number and email address. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to Roddenberry. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Website, the information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What You Consent to by Using Our Website
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Website:
You should be able to control how and whether Cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of this Website may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use many functionalities of the Website.
- Updates/Newsletter. Roddenberry may offer you the ability to receive email updates or newsletters either via email or another subscription service such as Facebook or Twitter. In order to subscribe to these services, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Registration. Roddenberry offers you the ability to register with the Website. In order to register, you are required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. In the event that you elect to register with the Website, please refer to the “Safety Tips” Section below. Entering your email address at this stage may pre-selectively enroll you in our email updates; however, you can choose to opt-out of this service at the time of registration or at any time in accordance with the terms set forth herein.
- Forums. Roddenberry may offer certain message boards, blogs or other public forums from time to time (the “Forums”) where you can share comments and thoughts or post other Content. In order to participate in the Forums, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address. Personally Identifiable Information shall not include any information posted or sent by or to you via any public Forum or the Website.
- Join the Dive Team. In order to join the Roddenberry Dive Team, you may be required to provide Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, and dive certification information. Entering your email address at this stage will pre-selectively enroll you in to receive the Dive Team email updates; however, you can choose to opt-out of this service in accordance with the terms set forth herein.
- Purchases. When purchasing products through our Website, you are required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, address, billing information (i.e., credit card information and billing address) (“Billing Information”), shipping address, and email address.
- Participation in Contests, Sweepstakes, and Other Promotions. From time to time, Roddenberry may offer you the opportunity to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions on or through the Website. If you desire to participate in any such contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion. This information may include, among other things, your name, age, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Communications with Roddenberry. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
How We Use the Information
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways Roddenberry uses the information that we gather.
- Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Website.
- Updates/Newsletters. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign-up for our various newsletter or update services to send you the messages that you request us to send. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Registration. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during the registration process solely to fulfill orders purchase orders. Billing Information may be archived by us or our providers. We may archive Personally Identifiable Information other than Billing Information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Forums. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during your use of the Forums to facilitate your use of the Forums. In addition we may publish this information either on the Website and/or in other publications. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s). This policy does not protect any information or content that you may publish to any online Forum in connection with our Website.
- Join the Dive Team. We use Personally Identifiable Information input when you apply to join the Dive Team to respond to your request. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Purchases. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during the purchasing process to fulfill the order. Billing Information may be archived by us or our providers. We may archive Personally Identifiable Information other than Billing Information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Disclosure to Roddenberry Operations and Maintenance Contractors. Our operations and maintenance contractors sometimes have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing products or services to us. These contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Website. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your Personally Identifiable Information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
You may change, update, delete, or otherwise modify your Personally Identifiable Information at any time using the functionalities of the Website. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to delete or update your Personally Identifiable Information on our systems. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact Roddenberry using the information provided below.
Roddenberry makes no representation that the Website operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that the Information, Website, or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Website from territories where the Website, or any content or functionality of the Website or portion thereof, is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Website, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Roddenberry strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Website from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Website without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents can request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such a request from Roddenberry, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below. We will respond to such properly addressed written requests. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Roddenberry is committed to protecting the privacy and safety of our users, especially those who are minors. Accordingly, we remind you that the Website and any Personally Identifiable Information that you elect to post to the Website are publicly available to anyone using the internet. We recommend that you use caution in electing what Personally Identifiable Information to make publicly available on the Website, if any. We also recommend against meeting in person with someone you “meet” through your use of the Website without parental or other adult consent and supervision.
11526 Burbank Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Effective October 7, 2011